We take safety seriously
Brunton Plumbing is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for its employees, contractors, customers and visitors. This commitment extends to ensuring that the company's operations do not place members of the public at risk of injury, illness or property damage.
In fulfilling this commitment, management will:
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace and systems of work for employees, contractors and visitors.
- Provide information, instruction, education, training and supervision to employees, contractors, customers and visitors to ensure their safety.
- Provide safe equipment, property and materials.
- Strive to eliminate or effectively control all hazards.
- Establish and insist upon, safe methods and safe practices at all times.
- Meet or exceed the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 and its Amendments.
- Enable employees to participate in health and safety matters.
- Ensure prompt and accurate reporting of all incidents.
- Investigate incidents thoroughly and strive to implement appropriate remedies.
- Support employees in their rehabilitation and early return to work following injury.
- Continually improve the health and safety of our operations.
All management representatives are accountable for implementing this policy in their area of responsibility. Performance will be reviewed and measured at least annually as part of the company review process. Safety will take precedence over shortcuts or expediency at all times.
All employees have a responsibility to observe safe work practices, rules and instructions relating to their work and to report all known or observed hazards to their immediate supervisor or manager.
Through efficient management and active employee involvement, accidents can be prevented. Each of us is therefore required to make a positive commitment towards achieving this goal.